Looking for Hubspot alternatives? You’ve come to the right place.
Hubspot is easily one of the most well-known inbound marketing tools available. So it’s understandable that you’d want to compare HubSpot to other similar software.
People choose HubSpot competitors for a number of (good) reasons. Luckily for us, the market is filled with interesting alternative marketing automation and CRM tools to choose from.
Plenty of all-in-one solutions won’t break the bank; the key is knowing exactly what features you need and not paying an excessive amount for features you don’t. The tools on this list vary in their offerings and prices, so you’re bound to find the right one.
- Is HubSpot the best CRM?
- Active Campaign
- Ruler Analytics
- Engage Bay
- Artic Pinpoint
Is HubSpot the best CRM?
The short answer is no, not necessarily.
Choosing the right CRM or any tool depends entirely on your team and business needs.
While HubSpot is a great CRM choice, it might not be for everyone. And, considering the drawbacks mentioned above, often small to midsize companies are priced out of making use of major marketing and sales features. So, if this is you, here are some of the best HubSpot alternatives to consider in 2021.
ActiveCampaign has risen in popularity among marketing teams in the last few years. This marketing automation software offers CRM capabilities and email marketing, meaning it has many of the same features as HubSpot.
Why choose ActiveCampaign over Hubspot?
- One of the most important features of this Chicago-based company is its automation, which allows you to automate follow-up campaigns, edit multiple conditions, and much more, all within their easy-to-use flowchart-style editor. You can set up automated email campaigns for a variety of activities, from new tags to lead scores to web activity.
- ActiveCampaign offers plenty of tools to support sales processes, so you can make sure a lead is never missed. Lead scoring, win probabilities, and advanced segmentation options mean there are plenty of scopes to get detailed with your CRM data.
- ActiveCampaign’s software is smart, like really smart. It offers predictive sending, which learns when your users like to open their emails. You can boost open and conversion rates by sending emails at the best time for your users. You can also use their win probabilities feature, which determines the chance a lead will close.
ActiveCampaign is a great tool with plenty of features. It’s great for varied company sizes looking to get automated marketing on the go.
It’s great for lead nurturing and has some great integrations that make it suitable for eCommerce too. But remember, it’s reporting, while robust, doesn’t go in-depth on attribution, meaning you’ll still struggle to track leads properly.
Due to ActiveCampaign’s premium features and affordable starter plan, all business sizes can benefit from signing up for ActiveCampaign.
ActiveCampaign has a varied cost plan starting at just $9 per month. If you have 10,000 contacts and want all the features, it’ll cost you $400 per month. It’s still less than HubSpot but still quite an expense to access the full features of an extensive database.
Chances are, if you’re looking at HubSpot alternatives, you use or are planning to use a CRM. Let us be clear: Ruler Analytics is a marketing attribution tool. But it does all the same legwork as HubSpot. Just instead of having to pay for a whole tool to capture and monitor leads, interactions, and revenue, Ruler will send all the same data to your current apps.
- Lead tracking: Just like HubSpot, Ruler Analytics will track your leads. No matter where users come from, Ruler will track their source and continue to track their full customer journey. So, if you already have a CRM in place, Ruler will fire all the lead data there. This means your sales team will be armed with more relevant data when it comes to converting that lead into a sale.
- Revenue attribution: Ruler Analytics is the best tool if you want to understand which marketing channels, campaigns, and keywords are working best at driving revenue.
- Forget lead generation: Ruler will scrape revenue data inputted into your CRM and fire it to your analytics tools. You’ll be able to log into Google Analytics, Google Ads, Facebook, etc., and see closed revenue accurately attributed to your campaigns, ads, and keywords.
- Attribution models: Ever wonder how marketing attribution works? There is a range of attribution models to choose from but with Ruler, why choose? You can swap between model types to better understand which channels are working hardest to start, drive, and close customer journeys.
Why choose Ruler Analytics over Hubspot?
Ruler Analytics is best for companies battling to track conversions like live chat, form tracking, and phone calls. If you see long customer journeys or want evidence of how marketing impacts closed sales, then Ruler Analytics is the perfect tool to close that gap.
While it doesn’t offer marketing automation or CRM tools, it links with the tools you’re probably already using to do this. It means just one small extra cost, no hard work migrating to a new tool, and ongoing support to get more out of your marketing data.
Marketing attribution starts at just £129 per month when billed yearly. The Ruler also has discounts available for agency partners.
EngageBay is built as a valid alternative to HubSpot for startups and small businesses who are priced out of HubSpot but still want a comprehensive and all-inclusive marketing suite.
Similarly to HubSpot, EngageBay is split into hubs of products to support sales, marketing, and support.
- Cost: EngageBay offers their Sales, Marketing, and Support bays in one bundle starting at just $8.99 per month, per user. While this doesn’t include all the features a company would need to get the most out of such a product, it’s the perfect way to dip your toe. And remember, they also have a free version where you can try email marketing, autoresponders, and more.
- Marketing automation: EngageBay’s marketing automation tool is particularly interesting. You can use email marketing tools for drips, personalization, and sequencing. You can also get on top of social media with brand monitoring, scheduling, and engagement stats. Plus, you can create landing pages and web forms to keep all of your marketing in one place.
Why choose EngageBay over Hubspot?
Engage Bay is a great option for small businesses that want more capabilities but at a lower cost. It’s particularly good for marketing automation, so if you’re looking for a one-stop shop for your marketing team, this could be the tool for you.
As we mentioned, EngageBay offers a free version with 10,000 contacts. But even their paid plans start just at $8.99 per user per month. And paid plans are considerably less than HubSpot.
If you don’t work in eCommerce, look away now, Drip is not for you. This eCommerce CRM also provides marketing automation capabilities that could make it a good HubSpot alternative for those in the right industry.
- Optimization for revenue: Drip tracks revenue! Exactly what you need to understand is how leads are converting into customers. You can pinpoint revenue for each subscriber and attribute it back to channels and campaigns
- Customer data: This platform is great for tracking full customer journeys, as you can use tracking events to understand when leads and customers visit your site when they buy, and when they come back for more.
Why choose Drip over Hubspot?
This is a great alternative to HubSpot if you’re an eCommerce business. By integrating it with Google Analytics and your other suite of tools, you should get a good overview of how your marketing is working to drive sales.
Drip has three paid plans. The basic plan starts at $49 per month, offering unlimited email sends and a contact list of 2,500 active users. For those with a contact list of over 5,000, you’ll need to use their Enterprise plan, which is a price-on-application gig.
Ontraport has rapidly grown its customer base in recent years, competing with the likes of ActiveCampaign. You can find many features like a CRM, landing page creation, email funneling and marketing, and many more.
- Contact organization: With Ontraport, you don’t have to worry about endless lists of names and data. Their CRM offers a business-card style organization. You can also easily group your contact data by job title, demographic, etc.
- Landing page creation: Ontraport has particularly good landing page creation tools. From lightboxes and A/B testing to one-click upsells, it’s perfect for driving sales online.
Why choose Ontraport over Hubspot?
Ontraport is primarily best for eCommerce. Its features align more closely with eCommerce marketers as you can provide secure payment processing, share coupons for birthdays, events, etc., and keep a payment cache for return customers.
In terms of reporting, Ontraport is robust but still doesn’t offer a huge amount of insight into leads, and conversion tracking, so it isn’t best for B2B marketers.
Ontraport’s basic plan starts at $79 per month, but a two-week trial is available to help you decide. While the basic plan is significantly cheaper than HubSpot you are massively restricted in contacts and features available.
Predominantly used as an email marketing tool, GetResponse has expanded into marketing automation and landing pages to compete with the likes of ActiveCampaign and more.
- Webinars: If you use webinars frequently as part of your marketing strategy, then GetResponse is a fantastic tool. You can create webinars and encrypt them, personalize the URL, present whiteboards, stream, and record your webinar. You’ll also have access to analytics for your webinars, including any conversions, vote responses, as well as time spent watching, and viewer location.
- Workflows: Similar to other marketing automation tools, GetResponse has a great tool for creating automation. With GetResponse, you can create visual workflows with filters, actions, and conditions and score and tag your leads. Their drag-and-drop functionality is easy to use and helps you to make quick changes on the go.
Why choose GetResponse over Hubspot?
GetResponse is another good option for eCommerce businesses or those who use webinars frequently as a lead generation tool.
GetResponse has four payment options. Basic starts at just $15 a month, so it is definitely one of the cheapest options on our list. However, the basic plan is limited. The Plus plan is GetResponse most popular. It starts at $49 a month and offers a basic CRM, e-product selling, webinars, landing pages, and funnel options.
Sendinblue describes itself as a product made for relationship marketing. With tools like live chat, email, and SMS marketing, it covers all bases regarding marketing channels and could be used as an alternative to HubSpot.
- Live chat: Sendinblue is used by many of its customers as a live chat tool. You can have this manned by a customer service representative or offer a bot to answer any prompts.
- Email marketing: Sendinblue’s email marketing tools are great. You can add personalized and dynamic content to help boost conversion rates. There is also a library of templates for you to pick from, and you can easily edit emails with its drag-and-drop feature.
Why choose Sendinblue over Hubspot?
Sendinblue is a great tool for businesses on a budget looking for an all-in-one solution that won’t break the bank.
Sendinblue has five different pricing plans. There’s a free plan if you want to test out the product or have no budget. It allows you unlimited contacts with an email send of 300 per day.
Email sends jump up as you move up plans and the ability to remove Sendinblue logos. For multiple users, you’ll need to use their Premium plan.
Freshworks is an all-in-one suite that offers customer service and lives chat to CRM software and marketing automation. You can opt for a sales or marketing cloud or have an amalgamation of the two.
- Pricing: We hate to say it, but Freshwork’s pricing structure stands out. It’s much simpler when compared to HubSpot’s, and the jump between tiers isn’t quite as severe. There’s also a free plan available for those testing the water.
- CRM: The CRM interface is particularly good in Freshworks. It includes a drag-and-drop deal pipeline view, allowing you to view key (and sometimes messy) data at a glance. You can add tags like ‘warm lead’ and ‘at risk’ to quickly identify which leads need work, which is useful for marketing and sales teams.
Why choose Freshworks over Hubspot?
Freshworks is very reasonably priced, so it is great for small businesses. While you might be considering the Sales Cloud plan primarily, it’s worth jumping into the Customer-for-Life cloud as you get more features at no extra cost!
Their basic plan starts at just $29 per month, making it a fantastic tool for those looking to get started with a CRM or move to a cheaper solution. This plan gives you just 1,000 contacts, so you will need to watch how this cost changes as your list grows.
Keap is a CRM that has sales and marketing tools to support growth in a business.
- Appointments: One feature Keap offers that makes it a great alternative to HubSpot is its appointment scheduling tool. Here, you can allow your leads and customers to schedule appointments directly into your calendar. This should reduce no-show appointments and back and forth, determining a good time to schedule.
- CRM: A very similar CRM to HubSpot, you can integrate Google Mail directly into Keap so that any emails you send can be pulled into your CRM too. You can create easy processes for incoming leads and existing contacts to save time writing new emails with their pre-made options.
Why choose Keap over Hubspot?
Businesses are looking for a smart CRM with lead management capabilities.
Pricing is varied depending on your contact list. Keap also offers regular discounts, so keep an eye out for that. At the time of writing, their cheapest plan was available at $56 per month for the first five months.
Like HubSpot, Aritic split its pricing model into various stacks. From marketing to sales and customer service. This productivity software is a great alternative to HubSpot you might want to try.
- Lead data: Arctic offers a lot of tools that are great for lead management. From lead profiling and lead behavior tracking, you’ll have access to advanced segmentation options and automation to help convert your leads into sales.
- Feature availability: Unlike HubSpot, Aritic doesn’t hide key features behind a paywall. You can access a free CRM with Aritic, and you’ll get access to more of the key tools you’ll want for a much better cost.
Why choose Aritic over Hubspot?
Aritic will work for most businesses, though we recommend working out how to best use the software.
Their cheapest plan starts at just $19 per month, and remember, you can use their CRM tool for free. Each product plan has a huge list of features that your business will find useful.
Another HubSpot competitor is Wishpond which offers an all-in-one solution for sales and marketing teams. It was initially designed to support marketers with their output.
- Pop-ups and customizations: Not only can you create your own pop-ups through Wishpond, but you can also customize them for the timed delay, scroll, or exit. You can even add animations to your pop-ups. It’s a great additional tool to hook website visitors.
- Marketing automation: Wishpond has a whole host of email templates that are modern and easy to use. You can track your email campaigns’ lead activity, demographics, and more. And, even better, you can send potential leads directly to your sales team’s inbox via smart automation.
Why choose Wishpond over Hubspot?
Wishpond is a great solution for a marketing team looking to ramp up their lead generation but needs support with key tools in HubSpot’s pro plans that they can’t afford.
Wishpond has a 14-day free trial that you can make the most of. Their Starting Out plan costs $49 a month and gives you 1,000 leads, no cap on user accounts, marketing automation, drip campaigns, landing pages, and more.
There are higher-level plans available if you need more in-depth tools for your team.