Brand Ambassador Contract Template
Looking for a free Brand Ambassador Contract template? Then look no further. You’ll find one here. Our team has crafted an Brand Ambassador Contract template that will help you create a contract between yourself and your client.
Free Brand Ambassador Contract Template Samples
To help you grow your Business we have made a quite simple yet reliable Brand Ambassador Contract template in Word and PDF versions so you can use it repeatedly.
- • Scope of work
- • Indemnity
- • Payment terms
What is a brand ambassador contract?
What is a Brand Ambassador?
A brand ambassador is retained by a company to represent their brand to increase awareness and promote their product or service.
A brand ambassador typically has the following duties:
- Promoting products and services to potential consumers;
- Attending events;
- Promotional and marketing activities on various social media platforms;
- Developing a creative image to represent the brand;
- Educating consumers, distributors, and retailers;
- Provide discount codes to consumers for the company’s products; and,
- Developing a website and various marketing campaigns.
Brand ambassadors usually have an established online presence. Brand ambassadors can also be referred to as influencers. Typically, a brand ambassador is more involved than the traditional influencer. Brand ambassadors may also be required to attend in-person at events. So, brand ambassadors have “offline duties” as well.
Why Is a Brand Ambassador Contract Necessary?
A brand ambassador contract is necessary for a number of reasons. Having a contract in place ensures both parties are aware and agree to the terms and conditions of an agreement. It is essential that both parties agree to the scope of services and compensation arrangement(s).
A brand ambassador contract is important to protect the brand ambassador as well as the company. This agreement outlines the responsibilities of the company towards the brand ambassador and vice versa.
There can be many duties that might be expected of a brand ambassador. A brand ambassador contract mentions these duties in writing so as to make things clear for both parties.
There might be some duties that a brand ambassador has an objection to. These can be mentioned as exclusions in a brand ambassador contract to avoid conflict in the future.
Additionally, a brand ambassador contract also ensures that the ambassador gets paid regardless of the effect of the marketing campaign towards the sale of the product.
Advantages of Brand Ambassador Contracts
- The primary benefit of the brand ambassador contract is that the company and the brand ambassador realize what is expected of them.
- The brand ambassador lists the duties and obligations of each party towards the other. Neither party can refuse the duties listed in this agreement once the agreement has come into effect.
- Marketing is an unpredictable field, so a company may or may not earn the return of investment in hiring a brand ambassador. A brand ambassador contract makes sure that the brand ambassador gets paid either way.
- The brand ambassador contract also ensures that the confidential secrets of a company are kept secret even if they need to be shared by the brand ambassador.
Disadvantages of Brand Ambassador Contracts
- A brand ambassador contract outlines the duties that a brand ambassador is required to perform for the entire duration of the contract, which can usually go on for months. If a brand ambassador cannot perform a duty for some reason in the future, it may attract penalties.
- A brand ambassador contract gives little flexibility to companies who might want to alter their marketing strategy in the future with changing marketing trends. The brand ambassador might charge an additional fee for changes in the agreement.
- The brand ambassador will have to partake in the marketing of the future products and services of the company for the duration of the contract, even if they do not believe in the quality or idea of that product/service.
Download Brand Ambassador Contract Template
What is included in a brand ambassador contract?
This brand ambassador contract template includes:
- A template for your company if it hires social media influencers (SMI) or brand ambassadors.
- A general brand ambassador contract that spells out the terms and conditions between the company and influencer.
- A brand ambassador agreement is used for influencer marketing promotions and campaigns.
- Other names for brand ambassador contracts include influencer contracts, marketing contract, ambassador agreement, independent contractor agreement, freelancer agreement, freelancer ambassador agreement, and brand ambassador agreement.
What are Essential Components of a Brand Ambassador Contract?
- Duties and Responsibilities of the Brand Ambassador – A Company needs to determine the brand ambassador’s duties. A company should consider if the brand ambassador is required to appear in-person at events and how many functions the individual is required to attend. Likewise, the expectations of a company should be outlined and defined within the contract. This includes how many posts or videos should be created.
- Deliverables and Deadlines – The quality and details of the content should be identified. The deadlines and timelines for the deliverables are essential to ensure both parties are on the same page. If a company wishes to approve the content before it is posted, that also needs to be in the contract.
- Payment Details – The ambassador and company should agree on the terms of payment before drafting the contract. The agreement should be memorialized in the contract. The method of payment and due dates should also be incorporated. Sometimes companies will pay on a commission credit. This is usually based on the clicks from a tracking link provided by the company.
- Mandatory Disclosures and Compliance with the FTC – The Federal Trade Commission requires a brand ambassador that they unambiguously disclose they are advertising for a company. On social media sites like Twitter that has a limited character count, the FTC has confirmed that hashtags such as #ad, #advertisement, #sponsored, #paid are sufficient.
- Usage, License, and Copyright – The contract should specify the ambassador’s rights and usage.
- Term and Termination – The duration of the contract and method of termination and notice required.
- Dispute Resolution and Legal Fees – In the event a dispute between the parties should arise, a clause explaining the dispute resolution process should be consist of the steps taken before commencing formal legal action. The contract should also designate which party will be responsible for legal fees in the event of litigation.
Speed up your signing process
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ about our Brand Ambassador Contract Templates
we recognize that your contract layout conditions may need to be changed to be in line together with your client’s needs. That’s why we have made Contrat in Word format as well so that you’ll be able make adjustments as you like. If you want to make important changes to the template, we propose you to get help of a lawyer or conveyancer to make sure you still have protection.
- Hourly: If the brand ambassador is being paid hourly, the average is between about $10-16 an hour.
- Commission: In some cases, companies will pay ambassadors on commission rather than an hourly rate, so as to incentivize the distribution of promotional materials and the generation of leads by their brand ambassadors.
Brand Ambassador Contract