Car Sale Contract Template
Looking for a free Car Sale Contract template? Then look no further. You’ll find one here. Our team has crafted an Car Sale Contract template that will help you create a contract between yourself and your client.
Free Car Sale Contract Template Samples
- Buyer details
- Seller details
- Selling date
- Price details
What is a Motor Vehicle Bill of Sale?
What Is a Vehicle Purchase Agreement?
Do you need a contract to sell a car?
What documents should I get when buying a used car?
When buying a used car, you need to have following documents:
- Bill of sale
- The mileage details document
- Vehicle service history
- Legal documents of the vehicle
How do I know if my car dealer is required to fill out a general contract form?
Download Car Sale Contract Template
Elements of a Vehicle Purchase Agreement
The basic elements in every vehicle purchase agreement are:
- The name of seller
- The detailed address of seller
- The name of buyer
- The address of buyer
- The color and model of vehicle
- Th VIN number of vehicle
- The number of miles travelled at the time of sale
- The selling date
- The purchase price
- Signatures of both buyer and seller.
How to Write Your Own Vehicle Purchase Agreement?
You need to follow the basic steps for writing your own vehicle purchase agreement:
- Mention the clear title of vehicle purchase agreement
- Identify the names of parties involved in buying and selling.
- Mention the vehicle details (model, color, milage)
- Add the description of the vehicle
- Mention the payment (paid or installments)
- Mention the payment method
- Date of purchase
- Signatures of both parties
What are the features of a vehicle?
The following are the features of a vehicle.
- The color of the vehicle
- The model and the year
- The body type (whether it be a sedan, SUV, pickup, etc.)
- The color of the interior of the vehicle
- Any other unique features (cosmetics or machine problems, major dents, etc.) Vehicle Information Number
- Mileage counter
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQs about our Car Sale Contract Templates
We recognize that your contract layout conditions may need to be changed to be in line together with your client’s needs. That’s why we have made Contract in Word format as well so that you’ll be able make adjustments as you like. If you want to make important changes to the template, we propose you to get help of a lawyer or conveyancer to make sure you still have protection.
Keep in mind that the purchase agreement is a binding contract; it carries with it an obligation on the buyer’s part to comply with the conditions set in such a document.
“As is” in a bill of sale means that the buyer is purchasing the vehicle in its current state with all the faults (visible or not). Moreover, there is no guarantee of the seller after the contract is signed by both the parties.
Cash is the mostly widely used method for selling a car. Make sure to check the currency notes before handing over the car to the buyer. Do not forget to count the money in the presence of buyer to avoid problems in the future.