Freelance Contract Template
We have created Freelance Contract template with simplicity in mind. It is an easy to use and ready made Freelance Contract template that enables you to know exactly what the client’s responsibilities are and saves your time and money.
Free Freelance Contract Template Samples
To help you grow your Business we have made a quite simple yet reliable Freelance Contract template in Word and PDF versions so you can use it repeatedly.
- • Scope of work
- • Indemnity
- • Payment terms
What is a Freelance Contract?
When Do I Need a Freelance Contract?
Why are freelance contracts useful?
Freelance contracts are useful in many ways. If you are offering your services to someone and are expecting a timely payment then you must have a legal agreement with your client so that you could claim for money at the time of payment in case of any trouble. Moreover, your client can also include some working rules and due dates for the submission of assigned projects in the contract.
This is how freelance contracts help both a freelancer and a client for on time payments and submission of projects
Download Freelance Contract Template
What should a freelance writing contract include?
A freelance contract should include the following details:
- The names of the hiring company and the independent contractor.
- The services that the contractor will provide the client along with all terms and conditions of the provided services.
- Project schedule with exact dates that are pre decided by mutual agreement should be mentioned clearly.
- Compensation or payment details.
- Provide complete details of the legal relationship between both the parties.
Consequences of Not Using a Freelance Contract?
There are consequences on both ends including freelancer and hiring company or client.
Consequences for the freelancers:
- Loss of payment
- Wastage of time
- Illegal use of work by hiring company
- Freelancers may charge with a fine for not disclosing accurate earning details on their personal income tax return
Consequences for the hiring company:
- Loss of money, particularly in unanticipated expenses
- Loss of time
- Legal expenses, including lawsuits
- Disclosure of personal company data
Speed up your signing process
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ about our Freelance Contract Templates
We recognize that your contract layout conditions may need to be changed to be in line together with your client’s needs. That’s why we have made Contract in Word format as well so that you’ll be able make adjustments as you like. If you want to make important changes to the template, we propose you to get help of a lawyer or conveyancer to make sure you still have protection.
- Go through your contract once again and read the main clause and termination terms carefully.
- Serve the notice period if it’s mentioned in the contract.
- Give a proper reason for termination.
- Thank your clients for the opportunity they provided you, gracefully.
- Refer them to another freelance writer if you know someone.