SEO Contract Template
Looking for a free SEO agreement template? Then look no further. You’ll find one here. Our team has crafted an SEO agreement template that will help you create a contract between yourself and your client
Free SEO Contract Template Samples
To help you grow your business we have made a quite simple yet reliable SEO Contract template in Word and PDF versions so you can use it repeatedly.
- Details of the parties
- Definition of the contract
- Detailed description of the security and warranties
What Is an SEO Contract?
An SEO contract, also known as an SEO agreement, is a legal document that you as an agency and your client sign. It lists all relevant information about who you are, what services you will perform, your deliverables, how they will pay you, etc.
Those are the basics, but it should also include other important details that fully outline the business relationship being agreed upon. While it doesn’t need to be extremely long and overly-comprehensive, it does need to cover all the necessary information.
Why do you need an SEO contract?
The most important element of any type of relationship is having clear communication about expectations between each party. That’s one of the main reasons you need to have a contract, but there are others.
Here are some of the reasons why an SEO contract benefits your client:
- They get an easy to understand outline
- They can refer back to it for answers to basic questions before they call you
- It outlines your step-by-step SEO process
- It breaks down all fees
- It makes the Terms of Agreement short and simple
On the other side of the coin, there are also reasons why an SEO contract benefits you as an agency or consultant:
- You can re-use it for every new client as an SEO contract template, with small alterations as needed
- You can easily add your company information, logo, and branding
- You can include a credit card form that can be easily returned if needed
- Your SEO team can use it as a step-by-step guide for what the client wants
Download SEO Contract template
What to include in an SEO contract?
Being a Search Engine Optimization expert means you can always work with different companies or businesses at the same time. Like Content Marketing and Content Creation, SEO has evolved from being a simple job done on pages with plain texts to a more advanced career where professional knowledge and experience in the field play a major role. Here are the fundamentals of an SEO contract that you must include in your analyst Contract Template:
- Details of the parties that are entering the contract
- Actual definition of the contract
- A full description of the security contract including representations and warranties
- An outline of agreed SEO methods to use during the whole project’s process
- The period of time the two parties are willing to work together
- Whether or not the contract is up for renewal by the parties that intend to work together
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ about our SEO Contract Templates
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the practice of getting targeted traffic to a website from a search engine’s organic rankings. Common tasks associated with SEO include creating high-quality content, optimizing content around specific keywords, and building backlinks.
In other words:
SEO is all about improving a site’s rankings in the organic (non-paid) section of the search results.
The main benefit of ranking for a specific keyword is that you can get “free” traffic to your site, month after month.
Now while the industry has shifted to much shorter contracts, the typical SEO contract is still generally between 6 months to a year.
we recognize that your contract layout conditions may need to be changed to be in line together with your client’s needs. That’s why we have made Contrat in Word format as well so that you’ll be able make adjustments as you like. If you want to make important changes to the template, we propose you to get help of a lawyer or conveyancer to make sure you still have protection.