Life Coaching Contract Template
Looking for a Life Coaching Contract template? Our team has drafted a simple, easy to understand, and easy to customize Life Coaching Contract template. Download the contract ( in Word or PDF) and save your precious time in Life Coaching business.
Free Life Coaching Contract Template Samples
To help you grow your Business we have made a quite simple yet reliable Life Coaching Contract template in Word and PDF versions so you can use it repeatedly.
- • Scope of work
- • Indemnity
- • Payment terms
What is a Life Coach?
A life coach is a disciplined professional that helps clients identify their goals and develop a plan for achieving them. A life coach helps clients reach their potential and encourages clients to accomplish their aspirations. A life coach can offer a variety of services. A life coaching and client relationship is a creative partnership that may:
- Help a client discover their talents and how they can implement them in their daily lives;
- Promote one’s self-discovery and personal growth;
- Use their expertise to create and modify obtainable goals;
- Collaborate a vision;
- Create an accountability plan to boost productivity;
- Achieve self-image and fitness goals;
- Finding a work-life balance; and,
- Incorporating core values.
What is a Life coaching contract?
A life coaching contract is an agreement between two parties where the client desires to retain the professional services of a life coach. A well-drafted contract protects both the life coach and the client. It identifies the contractual relationship between the parties. It also establishes each party’s obligations and responsibilities.
- A life coaching agreement sets the tone of the relationship between the life coach and the client.
- The life coaching contract lays out what is expected of the life coach and what is expected of the client.
- The contract should detail the services and goals between the life coach and the client.
The Importance of a Life Coaching Contract?
Download Life Coaching Contract Template
What Should be Included in a Life Coaching Contract?
There are quite a few points that should be incorporated into a life coaching contract. One of the essential parts of a life coaching agreement is both party’s contact information. The parties must know how to contact each other. Further, if some life coaching sessions are scheduled over the phone, the phone number the life coach is supposed to call should be identified in the client’s contact information. Other essential elements of a life coaching agreement include:
- Goals and Purpose – The purpose of the contract is vital. The contract should consist of what the client’s goals are and how the life coach plans to achieve such goals. The specific purpose should be identified along with the client’s expectation. Without a purpose, it is difficult for the life coach to perform their services. Therefore, without a goal, the contract is incomplete. The goal should be meaningful to the client.
- Expectations – Both parties will have expectations of the other. The client expects the life coach to provide professional services to help them accomplish their goals. In return, the life coach also has expectations. The life coach will implement a plan to hold the client accountable and establish “self-responsibility.” It is important to reflect on what the client can expect from the life coach and that the life coach can expect from the client. A provision noting the client’s responsibilities and the life coach’s obligations is an integral part of managing the party’s expectations.
- Degree of Support – Depending on the circumstances and goals within the agreement, the life coach should integrate the life coach’s level of support afforded to the client.
- Scope of Services and Structure – The professional services that the life coach plans to provide to the client should be detailed. The coach-client relationship should be defined along with the structure of the coaching plan. The structure includes the number of sessions (weekly or monthly) and the mode of life coaching sessions (in person, phone, or internet via messenger service or video service). The contract should set the term of the agreement and procedure for termination of the life coaching agreement.
- Compensation – Depending on the scope of services and individual circumstances, the fees may vary client to client. The terms of compensation should be part of a life coaching contract.
- Limitations – The life coach should set forth any limits as to what services they can provide and what services they cannot provide. For example, a life coach is not permitted to diagnose, treat, or provide therapy for mental illnesses. Such services are provided by a psychologist, psychiatrist, counselor, or other mental health professional.
- Cancellation Policy – Things come up, so a life coaching contract must include a cancellation policy. This protects the life coach from losing revenue in the event a client does not show for a scheduled session. This provision can also benefit the client should the life coach need to reschedule a session. The policy should establish how much notice is required for cancellation of a meeting. It is usually a twenty-four (24) hour notice.
Common Mistakes made in a Life Coaching Agreement?
Technology has transformed the way we work. This means a life coach is not limited to in-person sessions. Some life coaches perform their services over the phone, via email, or by a messenger or video chat. The exact location and mode of services should be included in the contract. If it is an in-person meeting, the location (including the address) should be listed.
A life coaching contract can operate as a hybrid-agreement. It can provide for all modes of sessions, catering to the client and the option to choose whichever is most convenient for the parties. Another element that is commonly overlooked is the confidentiality clause. A confidentiality clause restricts each party from disclosing protected and privileged information. It is important to note that the life coaching contract is not protected by legal confidentiality, meaning that the life coach may be required to turn over otherwise confidential information to the authorities.
Dispute resolution is a crucial element of a life coaching contract. It lays out each party’s responsibility to first engage in good-faith negotiations before commencing legal action. The agreement may also provide that the parties also undergo mediation or arbitration before taking legal action against the other party. It is also vital to designate which party is responsible for legal fees in the event of a dispute.
Speaking of legality, it is essential to contact a lawyer to review your life coaching agreement. The lawyer is familiar with local laws and statutes, and they can review your document for compliance and enforceability.
Another common mistake is the parties forgetting to sign the agreement. In order to be a valid and enforceable contract, it must be appropriately signed by both the life coach and the client.
Speed up your signing process
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ about our Life Coaching Contract Templates
We recognize that your contract layout conditions may need to be changed to be in line together with your client’s needs. That’s why we have made Contrat in Word format as well so that you’ll be able make adjustments as you like. If you want to make important changes to the template, we propose you to get help of a lawyer or conveyancer to make sure you still have protection.
What do you do if you struggle with self-esteem and confidence and yet, you don’t want to see a therapist because at the root of it, you know that there’s nothing “wrong” with you?
What if you want a second career that you love and you are contemplating going back to school, but you have no idea what you should be studying? Who do you ask for help?
It may not be your default answer but you can call a life coach for all of the above. Yes, a life coach can help overcome the ol’ Monday morning blues, build confidence, determine your career path, find the love of your life, start your own business and so much more.
Nowadays, researchers in the field of Positive Psychology are discovering how people thrive, improve their wellbeing, become happier, become more resilient and have more meaning in their lives. These are all outcomes of working with a life coach.
Life coaches can help you:
- overcome the Monday morning blues
- build confidence
- find a career that you love
- get clear on your goals
- stay accountable to your goals
- do more of the activities that engage you
- form better relationships
- have more meaning in your life
- develop your purpose
- work on the things that you are passionate about
- feel happier
Most life coaches working with individuals charge about $200 to $1,000 per month for a 30- to 60-minute call three or four times a month. Executive coaches charge more and typically work with their clients for two hours a month. It all works out to about $100 to $300 per hour.