Event Photography Contract Template
Looking for a free Event Photography Contract template? Then look no further. You’ll find one here. Our team has crafted an Event Photography Contract template that will help you create a contract between yourself and your client.
Free Event Photography Contract Template Samples
To help you grow your Business we have made a quite simple yet reliable Event Photography Contract template in Word and PDF versions so you can use it repeatedly.
- • Scope of work
- • Indemnity
- • Payment terms
What is a Event Photography Contract?
An Event Photography Contract is a document that is designed to allow photographers to outline the terms associated with their relationship with a client.
Event Photography Contracts can be used for any occasion, from family festivities like engagement parties and other wedding-related gatherings to corporate events like holiday parties and fundraisers. This document covers the obligations of both parties on the day of the event, and it allows the hiring party to request specific photos they want taken.
The contract also defines payment methods, payment schedules, cancellation policies, and copyright agreements, if any. When it is drafted properly, this legal agreement may reduce conflicts by ensuring that there is a shared understanding between the signing parties.
Why Is An Event Photography Contract Needed?
Types Of Event Photography Contracts?
There are mainly three types of event photography contracts.
- Typical event photography contracts that are used everywhere and contain standard terms of coverage of the event like clicking pictures of the guests, stage, events being covered and so on with standard equipment.
- Still event photography contracts that allow for a designated place for guests and event organizers to get their pictures professionally clicked alone or with the people they want to be professionally clicked with. This contract limits the rights of the pictures to the guests only.
- Roving event photography contracts that allow for photographers to use drones and moving cameras to click pictures of the requested events or portions of them with a preapproved camera specification as described by the terms in the contract.
Download Event Photography Contract Template
What is included in an Event Photography contract?
A typical Event Photography Contract should include the following:
- Identifying Information. Information about the photographer and the client.
- Event Date and Description. This part contains information about the location of the event, the time of a photography shoot, and the number of working hours.
- Payment. The total fee for the photographer’s services, the amount of non-refundable deposit due, and the remaining balance due should be indicated here.
- Additional Terms and Conditions. This part can include the client’s obligation to provide the photographer with food if the shooting duration is more than five hours.
- Work Product. This part contains information about the format, materials, size of the photos, and their total amount, including the number of editable photos.
- Copyright Law. The owner of the rights to use the photos for commercial purposes after the shoot is complete must be defined here.
- Cancelation. The event can be canceled by the client and the photographer may, in their turn, refuse to work at this event. So the cancellation terms and dates are necessary to specify. If the cancellation was initiated by the client, the photographer is not obliged to return the non-refundable deposit due.
Speed up your signing process
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ about our Event Photography Contract Templates
We recognize that your contract layout conditions may need to be changed to be in line together with your client’s needs. That’s why we have made Contrat in Word format as well so that you’ll be able make adjustments as you like. If you want to make important changes to the template, we propose you to get help of a lawyer or conveyancer to make sure you still have protection.
Whether you are paid by an acquaintance or a stranger, your Event Photography Contract is a document that should never be forgotten. You may decide that you want this document because, when done correctly, it can yield the following list of benefits:
- Timelines are agreed upon
- Everyone knows when invoicing will happen
- Roles and responsibilities are understood by all
Some repercussions of not having this document in place might include confusion on timing, incorrect assumptions, underpayment, and more potential concerns.