Asana was introduced in 2008 and is considered the best tool for project management. Asana is considered a complex business management tool. Over time, many project management tools have been introduced that are much simpler and easier to use than Asana. Moreover, there is also a huge difference between the pricing of Asana and other online available project management tools.
This article will cover the best and most commonly used project management tools to brighten up your business dealings.
- Mircosoft Project
- Workfront Adobe
- Pivotal Tracker
Agiled is a super easy tool for business-related tasks. Agiled is considered the best tool for small businesses, freelancing, and agencies and is an all-in-one Asana alternative.
- It is a business management platform to manage business projects, track employee progress, check working hours, schedule appointments, assign and check work, etc.
- It allows you to collaborate with your team members without calling them separately.
- Using the collaborative board also allows you to assign tasks to employees separately.
- Using the team chat feature, you can also stay in touch with your employees.
- It helps you keep track of your financial dealings easily.
It has four packages – Solo, Starter, Premium, and Business that costs 7$, 15$, 45$, and 79$, respectively.
Trello provides you with a simplistic interface where you can see the stages of the work assigned to the employees. You can update the work, and your employees can check and complete it without disturbing you.
- You can add the cards for each employee with a specific color and name along with all the details.
- Separate workboxes can be created easily.
- Employees can move the card to the “In Progress” section, and after completion, the card can be placed in “Completed Tasks.”
- Trello does not work well for maintaining financial budgeting and estimation.
- It is not suitable for big projects and complex business dealings.
It has three packages – Free, Business Class, and Enterprise. Business class costs $10, whereas Enterprise is a customized package to meet business needs.
Jira was introduced as a bug-tracking tool, but now it has become one of the best project insight and management tools used as a fantastic alternative to Asana.
- It is a perfect tool for creating a road map. It has hundreds of unique features that help to manage future projects well.
- It also keeps track of issues and prioritizes the work for you.
- It also allows integration of any other external application, as it supports over 3000 external applications and software you use for project management.
- Jira is a bit of a complex tool because of its specific keys and arrangements. If you and your team are not too technical, Jira is unsuitable.
- It requires a person to be technical. Jira needs the practice to understand its usage and basic keys.
It has four packages – Free, Standard, Premium, and Enterprise. Standard and Premium cost $7 and $14, respectively, whereas, Enterprise is a customized package for annual billing.
Basecamp is another suitable tool for small businesses. It provides a simplistic interface. It does not require any technicalities to be installed and used. Anyone can use it without getting into trouble.
- It has in-built hundreds of templates and also supports customizable templates. You can choose any template that meets the needs of your business.
- If you do not want to assign an accurate time to your employees, then Basecamp is a perfect option for you.
- It allows a free trial for a month without entering the card details.
- It does not support Gantt charts, tasks manager, and time duration.
- It is not suitable for multitasking as it allows you only to see one project at one time. You cannot access other projects simultaneously to work on.
It has two plans – a Personal and a Business plan. The personal plan allows 3 projects, 1 GB storage, and 20 users without any fee, whereas Business plans support unlimited projects, unlimited users and clients, and 500 GB storage for $99.
It is a user-friendly and flexible tool for project management tasks. It allows you to keep track of all the work done by the employees.
- It has an integrated workflow management system that provides you with an accurate workflow daily.
- It can easily be accessed on a mobile phone. You can download the application and keep the things in your hand without carrying your laptop.
- It provides many interesting collaborative tools for time tracking, managing work, collaboration, and Gantt charts.
- The people who have used Redbooth have complained about its user-friendly interface. Sometimes, you cannot figure out who is changing the information that is updated on Redbooth.
- If you have a large team, then this project management tool may create a hurdle for you.
It has four plans – Free, Pro, Business, and Enterprise. Pro costs $9, and Business costs $15. An enterprise plan is a customized plan.
Wrike is popular for its simplicity. It is one of the easiest tools used for business management. It has an exciting feature of folders and sub-folders.
- It helps you simplify and divide the project steps, making it easier for your employees to understand them
- It streamlines all the project management elements side by side. It does not create any ambiguity for you and your employees at any stage because of the intuitive interface.
- It comes with interactive Gantt charts and several in-built features, including proofing, timelines, and prioritization tasks.
- It is easily customized and creates trouble for both businesspeople and employees.
- It was introduced as the document-sharing software and turned into a business management tool, so the features of layering of folders get complex.
It has four plans – Free, Professional, Business, and Enterprise. Professional and Business cost $9.80 and $24.80 respectively.
Nifty is a complete project management package. You need not use any other tool for managing any of your business-related tasks if you are using Nifty.
- It has several features like Gantt charts, collaborative bards, discussion channels, file storage, and folders section.
- It allows you to use different workflow patterns for each project on the same screen.
- You can customize the workflow pattern of each project separately with complete details.
- It also provides proper insights into the work done by the employees.
- Navigation becomes difficult to handle while using Nifty.
It has four plans – Starter costs $49, Pro costs $99, Business costs $149, and Enterprise is a custom based plan.
Nutcache was introduced as an invoicing application and has transformed into a project management tool. It is a complete package from the initial time of the project to the final billing task.
- It allows you to keep track of time.
- It has the feature of collaborative boards, instant messages, and file attachments.
- It keeps a record of all the minor and major details from which the project has gone through.
- Its time-tracking features are effective because it helps you pay the hourly employees accordingly.
- It doesn’t support customized templates and Gantt charts.
- It was a simple invoicing tool but has gradually turned into a project management software, but still, it lacks customization and design.
It has three plans – Free, Pro and Enterprise. Pro costs $6 with 25 Gb storage, and Enterprise costs $12 with 100 GB storage.
If you are creative, then QuickBase is a wonderful option for you. It allows you to create your project management application according to your business needs. QuickBase allows you to take ideas from employees and add features to meet the needs of every employee.
- You can add the features that best meet your company’s objectives and vision.
- It does not require any coding.
- You can name and add the features to your customized project managing application.
- It is not a ready-made package for you to use. You must think and decide on the features you wish to add.
- You will have to plan, add and design the application before using it for project management purposes.
It has three plans – Premier, Platform and Enterprise. Premier and Platform plan supports 50 to 100 customized business applications, whereas Enterprise is an entirely customized plan to meet the business needs.
10. Microsoft Project
Microsoft project meets the changing needs of the business to provide a suitable and easy project management tool.
- It has different work views like grid, hierarchical and timeline, and board view.
- It supports Gantt charts and timelines.
- It allows you to schedule the meetings automatically.
- The task scheduling feature provides an overall view of the entire screen.
- It is less intuitive than the other project management tools.
- It does not support the mobile application.
- It is a complex tool that needs a proper administrator.
It has three plans named Project plan 1, 2 and 3. Project Plan 1 costs $10, Plan 2 costs $30 and plan 3 costs $55.
11. Workfront Adobe
Workfront Adobe is an excellent tool for complex project management tasks. It performs best for the mid-sized and large companies.
- It has a feature of enhanced analytics to keep track of the progress of the work.
- It has in-built integrations like Slack, Sharepoint, Salesforce, Google Drive, etc.
- It maps out the complex business management tasks in a proper flow.
- It is considered too costly and complex for small businesses.
- The entire interface of Workfront Adobe is hard to understand.
It has three plans – Pro, Business, and Enterprise. The price varies from the features that you want to include in your package.
Mavenlink is an all-in-one project management tool that covers everything from performance to budgeting. It allows the custom privacy setting for individual users.
- It has several features, including Gantt charts, portfolio management tools, task management tools, and message boards.
- You can easily charge your clients within the application to avoid any trouble.
- The reports, charts, and timetables are updated automatically in real-time.
- It deals best with project finances. If your work is not much linked with financial management, then this tool may not work best for you.
- It doesn’t have any messaging feature that allows you to communicate with other employees.
It has two packages Premier and Enterprise that are privately quoted, but the estimated price is $19 – $40 per month.
Targetprocess allows several enterprises to attain business agility. It allows you to see the workflow throughout the whole organization.
- It allows you to add several cards for assigning different tasks.
- It is the most reliable project management software available, with extensive free features.
The interface gets messy while dealing with larger projects.
It comes with an Enterprise plan that is approximately $20 per month for a single user.
It is a project management software that combines all the basics tools like spreadsheets, slides, documents, and folders.
- It works best for small businesses because of its focus on one feature at a time.
- It focuses more on team communication than on managing the project tasks.
It allows five users for $30 per month, with $10 for additional users.
LiquidPlanner is a smart time management tool used for small and large corporations.
- It is dynamic in nature. It automatically sets the tasks in a proper order using calendar views.
- The tasks move in a proper flow that makes it easier for users to use it.
- To unlock its key features, a proper training is needed because of its technicalities.
It has four plans – Free, Essentials, Professional and Ultimate. The plans cost $0, $29, $39, and $59/month, respectively.
The score is a multi-tasker project management software that helps you track all business-related tasks within one platform.
- It combines different features like time tracking, billing, invoicing, etc.
- It provides 360 overviews of your work progress.
- Due to its all-in-one package, it gets slow sometimes, and hard to figure out all the tasks going on simultaneously.
It has four packages – Essential, Work Hub, Sales Hub and Ultimate. It costs $26, $37 & $37, whereas, Ultimate package is privately quoted.
ClickUp is also an all-in-one solution that helps claims have all the needed features for project management.
- It is an ideal choice for team collaboration.
- It has several in-built project views.
- Its free version is free for lifetime.
- 1. Its all-in-one design gets complex for a beginner to handle.
It has three plans – Free, Unlimited, and Business, which costs $5 and $9 per user per month.
Yanado is basically a Gmail-based project management software. It is most suitable for small businesses to reach project milestones.
- It helps in organizing emails and task creation systematically.
- It is not too costly.
- It has a feature of showing dynamic reports of the completed, in-progress and left-out tasks.
- Sometimes it gets tricky to figure out the work due to the crowded interface.
It has four packages – Free, Startup, Premium and Enterprise. Startup costs $6, and Premium costs $15 for each user every month. The enterprise package is privately quoted.
19. Pivotal Tracker
The pivotal tracker works like a pivot with all the essential project management features. The collaborative board can be divided into virtual cards to follow the proper workflow for teamwork projects.
- It divides the work into smaller chunks to understand it in an easier way.
- You can give feedback to your team members.
- If you do not want to follow the agile project management techniques, then the Pivotal tracker may create hurdles for you.
It has four packages varying from $0 – %6.50 per month. Moreover, it also has monthly and yearly subscriptions that cost $10 per month and $100 per year.
Mavenlink is an effective task management tool. Its business intelligence makes it the best choice for businesspersons.
- It schedules the tasks using BI (Business Intelligence).
- It can easily be used on your mobile phone.
- A user can get confused about finding a task.
- It gets logged out time and again.
It has four packages titled Teams, Premier, Enterprise, and Professional. All the packages are privately quoted.
Bitrix24 keeps all the conversations, tasks, projects, and other business-related material safely in one place. It resembles Facebook features.
- There is an “Activity Stream” where you can check the posts of the work assigned and completed.
- It keeps you engaged because of its fantastic features like adding photo albums and liking them by pressing the “Like” button.
- Every feature is limited like storage, emails, projects, etc.
Its free plan comes with 5Gb storage. Other professional plan costs around $150 for each user monthly.
TrueNxux is a powerful project management tool used to meet deadlines easily by moving in a proper flow.
- It is privacy protected. You can set the privacy setting according to your needs for active projects.
- It has in-built collaborative features that helps you communicate with your team with its collaborative platform.
- The feature of adding members is a bit tricky in TrueNxux.
It has two packages – one for the 5 members team that costs $10 monthly for the entire team, and if you want to add more members, you have to pay $9 a month per user.
It makes it easier for you to break down the entire work into smaller chunks. It is quite famous in the field of project management due to its unique features.
- You can plan ahead using Getflow.
- It helps you balance the entire team’s workload and sets priority settings for the task list.
- It supports mobile applications too.
- It can also be downloaded as a desktop app.
- It is a bit tricky to find out the previously completed project details.
It has three plans – Basic, Plus, and Pro. The basic feature costs $6 per user/month with all basic features. Plus costs $8 per user/month with extra incredible features. The Pro feature costs $10 per user/monthly with all the advanced features and security checks.
It is a beneficial project management tool to manage your tasks easily. It helps sync the projects between desktop and mobile phones.
1. File sharing is easy using Hitask.
2. It can be used on mobile phones.
1. It becomes slow when used to assign several tasks at once.
It has three plans – Free, Team Business, and Team Enterprise. The former costs $5 per month/user, and the latter costs $20 per user/month with advanced features.
Quire is a free project management tool for handling creative teams in an easy way. It helps in breaking down the tasks into manageable chunks.
- You can add unlimited tasks and sub-tasks.
- It is easy to communicate with team members.
- You can customize the members’ roles and their privacy.
- It can also be used on mobile phones.
- The new updates sometimes become the hurdle in the workflow.
It is free of cost without any specific plans. You can access every feature freely.
For more useful information, browse the resources guide today!